Happy #winewednesday! Although things remain generally quiet on Social Media, Wine Living is still up to quite a bit behind the scenes. I thought I’d give you the latest update:
• First and Foremost: In the coming months I expect a shift from part-time to full-time life in the wine world. That’s right, it’s time to cut the cord to the corporate job and go whole-hog. If you work in the wine business, please keep an eye out for opportunities for me. For a list of my creds and skills, find my LinkedIn profile here.
• On to the fun stuff. Footage from our trip to Greece yielded quite a lot of material and there are several segments in production. If you’ve seen the preview, I have a good feeling about the quality and energy of this project.
• Wine Tourist Magazine is now live! This is the project I've been assisting with as part-time Art-Director. The process has been a challenge, including the ability to communicate with five partners in different parts of the country, but I expect a lot more growth and content to come now that it's up and running. Here is the intro video I produced last year.
• We're due to release the series of videos I did for Wine Tourist, covering the Middleburg, VA region. There are about seven of them and I think you’ll learn a lot about the area.
• I’m still busy conducting wine tastings - did one last weekend and have one this coming weekend too. I’m now booking into July/August, so contact me if you’re interested in doing one this year. I expect things will fill up quickly as the holidays approach!
• In the coming weeks we’ll be headed up to Penns Woods Winery to shoot a full-length video and interview the key people there. If you haven't already seen it, we did a review of their wines this past spring and it was a lot of fun.
• I’m starting to get requests to do video reviews of commercial wine brands, and I’ve confirmed with the respective PR agencies that the samples are on the way, so I’m excited to see what direction those will take.
• In an effort to expand my reach, I’ll continue to partner with outside media agencies like GrapeCollective to put my videos in front of new audiences. We have talked about doing exclusive content just for the Collective, but at the moment time is a factor. I'm also in talks with a few other online publications and, "Media People."
• Last, but not least: Plenty more videos to come, including a renewal of my Tales From the Cabinet series with some new and interesting drinks to explore. We’ll also continue to do our wine and food pairing series with friends and loved ones. Contact me if you want to be in a video.
Things are moving quickly and I still can't believe that this little concept of mine has blossomed out into so many directions. It's been hard to chose which way to go: Indeed a very hectic, tiring, but exciting time in my life. The mission has always been to help people, "Drink well, but not pretentiously," and I think we're getting that message out there one video, tasting, and post, at a time.
Thanks so much for supporting Wine Living, and spreading the news. We'll have everyone enjoying wine before too long, I promise!